We think carefully about our use of personal data, and below you can find the details of what we do to protect your privacy. This policy covers, among other topics:
- How we collect and use your personal data
- How we protect your personal data
- How we may contact you
- Cookies and similar technologies
Personal data is any information about you by which you can be identified. This can include information such as: your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or information about your device (such as the IP address, which is a numerical code to identify your device that can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based), along with information relating to how you use and interact with our site.
What data we collect
We collect your personal data when you visit our website and when you interact with us. We will only collect your personal data in line with applicable laws. We collect your personal data in two ways:
- when you browse our site
- when you submit a contact form
- your IP address — a numerical code to identify your device, together with the country, region or city where you are based
- your geolocation data — your IP address can be used to find information about the latitude, longitude, altitude of your device, its direction of travel, your GPS data and data about connection with local Wi—Fi equipment
- information on how you interact with our services
- your browsing history of the content you have visited on our site, including how you were referred to our site via other websites
- details of your computer, mobile, TV, tablet or other devices, for example, the unique device ID, unique vendor or advertising ID and browsers used to access our content
- We will not collect special categories of data from you — such as personal data concerning your race, political opinions, religion, health or sexual orientation.
How we use your personal data
We use your data to:
- Analyse what content has been viewed on our site, so that we can understand how it is used and improve our content.
- Carry out marketing analyses so that we can make our marketing more relevant to your interests and preferences.
- Improve the website and monitor website usage.
- Respond to your queries submitted via one of our online forms.
Security of your personal data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational controls to protect your personal data. Unfortunately, sending any information, including personal data, via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data once with us, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data sent to our site while still in transit and so you provide it at your own risk.
When we share your personal data
We share your personal data with other organizations that are not directly linked to us under the following circumstances:
- error tracking software providers, to help us diagnose and fix errors and optimize the performance of our website
- service providers that help provide us with insights and analytics that help us to improve our website. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand how visitors engage with our site. If you don’t want Google Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the ‘Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On’, provided by Google
How we may contact you
You will only be contacted if you have submitted a form or raised a query with us. In this case, we may contact you to answer your query or to resolve your issue.
Cookies and similar technologies
When you visit our site, we may collect personal data from you automatically using cookies or similar technologies. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognize and remember you. It is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive or tablet or mobile device. When you visit our sites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology, such as a tag, pixel, or other web beacon.
It is also possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies altogether by changing your browser’s cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
Contact us for information about how we use your personal data
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data, please contact the Privacy Officer at Montrose Properties 100—3031 Viking Way, Richmond BC V6V 1W1.
If you have a question about anything else, please see our Contact page.